Imaging and Diagnostic ServicesCall 276.236.1680
Diagnostic Imaging in Galax, VA
We are located on the first floor between the Emergency Department and Lab. Drive around past the ED entrance and turn Right into the Diagnostic Imaging parking lot. There is an Outpatient Diagnostic Imaging entrance that will bring you directly into the Registration area.
Hours of Operation and Service Information
The Diagnostic Imaging Registration area is open Monday through Friday from 6:30am to 5pm. It is closed on weekends and holidays. If you need Imaging services outside of the normal registration hours, please use the Emergency Department registration located at the ED entrance.
- Bone Densitometry (DEXA) (Tuesdays & Thursdays, 11:00am - 3:00pm)
- Computerized Tomography (CT) (Monday - Friday, 7:00am - 4:00pm)
- General Radiography/ Fluoroscopy (24 hours a day 7 days a week)
- Low-dose CT Lung Cancer Screening
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) (Monday - Friday, 7:15am - 4:30pm)
- 3D Mammography (Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:00pm)
- Mobile Positron Emission Tomography (PET/CT) (Every other Monday, 2:00pm - 5:00pm)
- Nuclear Medicine (Monday - Friday, 7:00am - 3:00pm)
- Ultrasound/ Echocardiography (Monday - Friday, 7:00am - 4:30pm)
Film or Report Pickup
If you need to pick up a copy of your Imaging studies or reports to take to your physician, please call 276.236.1680 prior to coming to pick them up. It can take up to an hour to get your studies printed and ready for pickup. This will allow us time to get everything ready and to minimize your wait time upon arrival.
Some insurance companies require that certain Diagnostic Imaging studies be preauthorized. This preauthorization is done by your physician's office at the time of scheduling. A preauthorization number must be presented in order for this procedure to be done. If you have any questions about preauthorization or if you are unsure if the procedure you are scheduled for needs to be preauthorized, please contact your insurance carrier. If your insurance requires preauthorization and it was not given, you may be asked to sign an ABN stating that you are aware that your insurance will not pay and that you will be billed for the entire amount of the procedure.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When and how do I get the results of my procedure?
Typically the ordering physician will receive your results via fax within 24 hours. If your procedure was performed on a weekend, then your physician should have the results on Monday.
- How do I get a copy of my procedure?
Please call the Diagnostic Imaging department at 276.236.1680 before coming to pick them up. This will give us time to get them printed and ready for you. You will be told when you call how long it will take us to get everything ready for you.
- Can anyone pick up my films?
We must have a signed release or a signed letter from you granting permission for someone else to pick up your films. We WILL NOT release them to anyone else without your permission in writing.
- Can I eat or drink or take my medications on the day of my exam?
Please refer to the links above to see what the prep is for your examination. If you have any questions, please contact the Diagnostic Imaging department at 276.236.1680.