- Use rear-facing infant seats in the back seat from birth to at least 1 year and at least 20 pounds.
- Use forward-facing toddler seats in the back seat from age 1 and 20 pounds to about age 4 and 40 pounds.
- Use booster seats in the back seat from about age 4 to at least age 8 unless the child is 4'9" or taller.
- Use safety belts in the back seat at age 8 or older or when the child is taller than 4'9".
- All children younger than age 13 should ride in the back seat.
Some parents or caregivers may regard booster seats as a hassle to use or difficult to convince their children to use. But protecting the ones you love means getting past the temporary complaints and perceived hassles. Use a booster seat because you love them.
To learn more about car seat safety visit this link: Car Seat Safety