The Wellness Center provides programs and services designed to help you protect your health. Through exercise and health education programs, we can help you improve or maintain your quality of life.
Why choose us?
Because we are focused on health and wellness. We want to ensure you are successful in your health improvement efforts. Client health, wellness and goal attainment are of the upmost importance to us. We offer a complement of fitness equipment in addition to classes. Our staff members are certified or trained in health and fitness and stand ready to assist you.
Specializing in medical fitness & rehabilitation
- Rehabilitation programs (Cancer, Cardiac, Diabetes, Pulmonary & Post-Therapy)
- Nutritional education
- Monday - Thursday 5:45 AM - 8:00 PM
- Friday 5:45 AM - 7:00 PM
- Saturday 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM
What is the membership fee?
We offer free one-week passes if you would like to try out the facility. Membership fees vary based on an individual, family, employer or student agreements, Please call us at 276.236.5931 and we will provide the rate that is specific to your needs.
What is included in my membership?
- An initial fitness evaluation
- An initial consultation to discuss goals and develop a program
- An initial, one-on-one supervised workout
- As much advice and assistance from our staff as you need or desire for the life of your membership
- Follow-up fitness evaluations and consultations to assess progress and update your workout plan accordingly
- Unlimited use of equipment
- Participation in any of our exercise classes
- Free Wi-Fi
- Availability of personal training at a nominal additional fee
- Availability of massage therapy at a nominal addtional fee for the ultimate in relaxation and soreness relief
- Nursery service at a nominal additional fee
What are the benefits of exercise?
Your body was designed to be active; therefore exercise makes virtually every part of your physical and mental being work better. Meanwhile, it prevents or minimizes many common diseases and disorders. It dramatically improves, through direct and indirect means, your very Quality of Life!
It well may add years to your life. It will certainly add life to our years. Below is an list of some of the ways regular participation in a safe and appropriate program can be expected to benefit you.
- Self Concept and Emotional Outlook
- Function and Efficiency of the Heart and Circular System
- Function and Efficiency of the Muscular System
- Function of the Digestive System
- Number of Red Blood Cells for more Oxygen Delivery to the Cells
- Blood Sugar Control
- Sensitivity to Insulin
- Body Composition (lean vs. fat weight)
- Function of the Thyroid Gland
- Tolerance to Stress
- Range of Motion
- Blood Pressure and Cholesterol Level
- Energy level
- Sleep Quality
- Immune System Function
- Blood Cholesterol level
- Body Fat
- Work Load on the Heart
- Glucose Intolerance
- Risk of Diabetes
- Consequence of Diabetes
- Progression of Heart Disease
- Risk of Heart Attack
- Chances of Developing Blood Clots
- Muscle Loss
- Bone Loss
- Rate of Physical Aging Process
Exercise truly is "the best medicine!" Ask your doctor and insurance company about a prescription for exercise. It could be the first step to improving your health and wellness.
For additional information, please contact the Wellness Center at 276.236.5931.
544P East Stuart Drive
Galax Plaza Shopping Center
Galax, VA 24333
- Find a Doctor
- Behavioral Health
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Diabetes Education
- Diagnostic Imaging/Radiology
- Chest Pain
- Emergency Department
- Laboratory Services
- Occupational Health/WorkPoint Wellness
- Patient Accounting
- Sleep Medicine
- Speakers Bureau
- Stroke Awareness and Stroke Center
- Volunteer Services
- Wellness Center
- Women’s Services