Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
General Radiography/ Fluoroscopy
We are located on the first floor between the Emergency Department and Lab. Drive around past the ED entrance and turn Right into the Diagnostic Imaging parking lot. There is an Outpatient Diagnostic Imaging entrance that will bring you directly into the Registration area.
Hours of Operation
General Radiographic procedures are performed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. General Radiography procedures do not need to be scheduled.
Fluoroscopic procedures are performed Monday through Friday from 7:30am to 11:00am and MUST be scheduled during our these hours.
A physician's order is REQUIRED for both General Radiographic procedures and Fluoroscopic procedures.
When having General Radiography procedures, please do not wear clothing with metal over the area that is to be imaged.
The following are fluoroscopic procedures we perform at TCRH with the appropriate preps for each procedure:
- IVP - Nothing to eat or drink after midnight.
- Esophagram - Nothing to eat or drink after midnight.
- Upper GI - Nothing to eat or drink after midnight.
- Small Bowel Series - Nothing to eat or drink after midnight.
- Barium Enema/Air Contrast Barium Enema
- Clear liquids beginning with lunch the day before the exam
- Full glass of water at 1PM, 3PM, 7PM, and 10PM
- 1 bottle of Magnesium Citrate (cold) at 8PM
- 4 Ducolax tablets and a full glass of water at 9PM
- Patient may continue to have water, coffee or tea, carbonated beverages, strained fruit juices, and clear soup or broth.
- DO NOT eat cream soups, gravies, noodles, crackers, milk, cream, eggs, or any solid foods
- Insert Ducolax suppository at 6AM the morning of the exam
- Report to Diagnostic Imaging department approximately 20 minutes prior to scheduled time to fill out registration forms.
- Voiding Cystourethrogram (VCUG) - No Prep
- Hysterosalpingogram - No Prep
- Myelogram - Please call for the prep. Procedure must also be scheduled with the Outpatient Surgery Department.
- Arthrogram - No Prep
- Lung Biopsy - Please call for the prep. Procedure must also be scheduled with the Outpatient Surgery Department.
- Modified Barium Swallow - No Prep. Procedure must also be scheduled with Leigh Ann Phillips in the Speech Therapy Department.
For additional information, please feel free to contact Diagnostic Imaging by phone or email.
Diagnostic Imaging/Radiology Services at TCRH
- Find a Doctor
- Behavioral Health
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Chest Pain
- Emergency Department
- Home Health and Hospice Services
- Imaging and Diagnostic Services
- 3D Mammography
- Laboratory Services
- Lung Cancer Screening
- Occupational Health/WorkPoint Wellness
- Pain Services
- Sleep Center
- Speakers Bureau
- Stroke Awareness and Stroke Center
- Surgical Services
- Mother and Baby