Now Hiring! Join our team of professionals. We offer competitive rates and benefits. CLICK HERE to Apply Online!
Cardiac Rehabilitation Programs at Twin County Regional Healthcare
Helping Hearts, Saving Lives
Making heart health a priority
Heart health is about more than just your heart. Blood pressure, cholesterol, family history and other factors all play important roles in keeping your heart strong. If you have questions about your heart health but aren’t quite sure where to begin, start with a heart health assessment and learn more about any risks you may have for heart-related conditions. Your journey to a stronger heart starts here.
Phase 2 Cardiac Rehabilitation is a medically supervised program designed to help patients recover quickly and safely after a cardiac event. Participation in a cardiac rehab program reduces the risk of developing future heart problems. Our GOAL is to help patients return to an optimal quality of life with improved heart health.
Our cardiac rehabilitation programs include:
Phase 2- EKG Monitored Program
Started early in recovery after a cardiac event or procedure, this program includes:
- Education to understand and manage heart disease including cardiac risk factor identification and modification.
- An individualized EKG-monitored exercise program to safely improve the heart's function and build strength and endurance. Exercises include stretching, range of motion, cardiorespiratory exercise (treadmill, stationary bicycle, NuStep etc.) and strength training.
- Information on physical activity guidelines.
- Emotional support.
Phase 3- Cardio Direct Exercise Maintenance Program
This is a "self-pay" program for patients who have completed Phase 2 Cardiac Rehab. This non-EKG monitored program offers ongoing exercise, education and support while making important lifestyle changes.
A physician referral is required.
Who qualifies for cardiac rehabilitation?
You may qualify for cardiac rehabilitation if you've had:
- Recent heart attack
- Coronary artery bypass surgery (CABG)
- Valve surgery
- Balloon angioplasty/coronary stenting
- Heart transplant
- Stable chronic heart failure
- Other diagnoses may be covered
Most insurances cover all or most of the cost of the Phase 2 program. Some insurances cover additional diagnoses not listed above. We will verify your insurance coverage before you enroll. Cardio Direct programs are "self-pay" and not billed to insurance.
Cardiac Support Group:
The Cardiac Support Group is sponsored by the Twin County Regional Healthcare Cardiac Rehabilitation Program. This group is open to cardiac rehab patients past and present as well as anyone desiring information and support regarding a healthy heard lifestyle.
The Cardiac Support Group meets BI-MONTHLY in the Cardiac Rehab Department on the following dates:
Time: 3:00 pm
For more information about this group, please contact Amy Combs, BSN, RN, CCRN, CCRP at 276.236.1763 or email Amy
Heart Attack Information:
Heart disease is the number one health problem of BOTH men and women in the United States. Do you know the warning signs of a heart attack? Are you at risk?
The warning signs and symptoms of a heart attack include:
- Chest discomfort (tightness, fullness, heaviness, pressure, indigestion, squeezing), lasting more than 5 minutes: it may come and go.
- Other discomfort/pain can occur in one or both shoulders, arms, neck, back or stomach.
- Shortness of breath, cold sweat, nausea/vomiting, lightheadedness or weakness.
- Women, elderly and diabetic patients may have atypical symptoms (other than classic chest pain).
If you are having a heart attack, call 911 and get medical treatment immediately!
There are treatments that can be done at the hospital to STOP a heart attack if you act quickly! TIME IS MUSCLE!
Cardiac Risk Factors include:
- Family history of heart disease
- Smoking/Tobacco use
- High Cholesterol levels
- High blood pressure
- Overweight/sedentary lifestyle
Talk to your doctor about cardiac rehabilitation. We can help!
Helping Hearts, Saving Lives
Twin County Regional Health Care
Twin County Regional Hospital
200 Hospital Drive
Galax, VA 24333
Director: Amy Combs, BSN, RN, CCRN, CCRP
Monday, Wednesday & Thursday 7:00 am to 5:00 pm
Tuesday & Friday by appointment
276.238.2520 - fax
- Find a Doctor
- Behavioral Health
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Chest Pain
- Emergency Department
- Home Health and Hospice Services
- Imaging and Diagnostic Services
- 3D Mammography
- Laboratory Services
- Lung Care
- Occupational Health/WorkPoint Wellness
- Pain Services
- Sleep Center
- Stroke Awareness and Stroke Center
- Surgical Services
- Women's Health Services
- Lung Cancer Screening
- Digestive Health