Welcome to the Wellness Center of TCRH
The Best Health Club in the Twin Counties
The Wellness Center provides programs and services designed to help you protect your health. Through exercise and health education programs, we can help you improve or maintain your quality of life.
Why are we the best?
Because what matters most to you is what matters most to us: that you are successful in your health improvement efforts. Client satisfaction and goal attainment are the basis of our operation. Toward that end, we maintain a modern facility with a full complement of State-of-the-Art fitness equipment. Our staff expertise is second to none, with every member certified in their particular area of health and fitness.
But what really sets the Wellness Center apart from "just another nice gym" is our commitment to you. You will see it from your first orientation. You will see it each time you come in. Because we realize that you won't care what we know, until you know that we care.
Specializing in medical fitness & rehabilitation:
- Diabetes rehabilitation program
- Additional rehabilitation programs including: Cardiac, Pulmonary & Post-Therapy
- Nutritional counseling
|Gym Hours effective February 1, 2013
|Monday - Thursday
||5:45 AM - 8:00 PM
||5:45 AM - 7:00 PM
||8:00 AM - 1:00 PM
24-Hour Access Now Available
What will it cost?
In terms of both time and money, a lot less than you think. A lost less than its worth. In fact, we challenge you to think of anything that comes remotely close to the cost-benefit level of a well designed exercise program. The paperwork will take a few minutes and we'll go over the details of our payment options.
What is included in my membership?
In a word, everything. Everything necessary for an enjoyable experience that will have a dramatic impact on the way you look and feel, and how you feel about yourself:
Benefits of Exercise
- An initial fitness evaluation
- An initial consultation to discuss goals and develop a program
- An initial, one-on-one supervised workout
- As much advice and assistance from our competent staff as you need or desire for the life of your membership
- Follow-up fitness evaluations and consultations to assess progress and update your workout plan accordingly
- Unlimited use of all equipment
- Clean lockers
- Steam room for the perfect ending of a workout
- Participation in any of our wide variety of exercise classes
- Nursery service at a nominal additional fee
- Availability of personal training at a very modest additional fee
- Availability of massage therapy for the ultimate in relaxation and soreness relief
- Free Wi-Fi
- 24-Hour Access
- Very generous guest privileges, ask staff for details!
Your body was designed to be active, therefore exercise makes virtually every part of your physical and mental being work better. Meanwhile, it prevents or minimizes many common diseases and disorders. It dramatically improves, through direct and indirect means, your very Quality of Life!
In well may add years to your life. It will certainly add life to our years. Below is an list of some of the ways regular participation in a safe and appropriate program can be expected to benefit you!
- Self Concept and Emotional Outlook
- Function and Efficiency of the Heart and Circular System
- Function and Efficiency of the Muscular System
- Function of the Digestive System
- Number of Red Blood Cells for more Oxygen Delivery to the Cells
- Blood Sugar Control
- Sensitivity to Insulin
- Body Composition (lean vs. fat weight)
- Function of the Thyroid Gland
- Tolerance to Stress
- Range of Motion
- Blood Pressure and Cholesterol Level
- Energy level
- Sleep Quality
- Immune System Function
- Blood Cholesterol level
- Body Fat
- Work Load on the Heart
- Glucose Intolerance
- Risk of Diabetes
- Consequence of Diabetes
- Progression of Heart Disease
- Risk of Heart Attack
- Chances of Developing Blood Clots
- Muscle Loss
- Bone Loss
- Rate of Physical Aging Process
Exercise truly is "the very best medicine!" Make sure you get a "healthy dose!"
For additional information, please contact the Wellness Center at 276.236.5931.
The Best Health Club in the Twin Counties
The Wellness Center of Twin County Regional Healthcare
Wellness Center of TCRH
544P East Stuart Drive
Galax Plaza Shopping Center
Galax, VA 24333